[Amazon] Apple Watch Series 7 [GPS 45mm] Smart Watch $359.99
Apple Watch Series 7 [GPS 45mm] Smart Watch w/ Blue Aluminum Case with Abyss Blue Sport Band. Fitness Tracker, Blood Oxygen & ECG Apps, Always-On Retina Display, Water Resistant
About this item
- Always-on Retina display has nearly 20% more screen area than Series 6, making everything easier to see and use
- The most crack-resistant front crystal yet on an Apple Watch, IP6X dust resistance, and swimproof design
- Measure your blood oxygen with a powerful sensor and app
- Take an ECG anytime, anywhere
- Get high and low heart rate, and irregular heart rhythm notifications
- Stay in the moment with the new Mindfulness app, and reach your sleep goals with the Sleep app
- Track new tai chi and pilates workouts, in addition to favorites like running, yoga, swimming, and dance
But beware, it only comes with a charger that is USB C. So if you don’t already have a usb power brick or old Watch charger, you have to buy that and won’t be able to charge your watch
I am a techy electronics engineer. I have dozens of patents in electronics and have written thousands of lines of computer code, in three different programming languages. But this watch is quite a challenge.
When I tried to pair the watch to the phone, the phone said I must update the phone to OS 14.8.1. Yet I have always had "automatic updates" "on" in the phone menu.
So I spent a half-hour updating to OS 14.8.1.
I tried to pair the watch to the phone again and the phone said my OS must be updated. But I had just updated it. So I called apple support. They directed me to update my OS to 15.1. Why was I previously directed to update to 14.8.1 when that was obsolete? Updating to 15.1 took an hour!
Next when I tried to pair the watch, the message on the phone says that I need to charge the watch. I examined the watch charge cable and it must plug into a USB "C" charger which is not included with the watch. Do you have such a charger? I didn't even know such chargers existed. I have ten chargers, including several made by apple, and they all only accept the original USB plug, called USB "A".
I recall reading a few weeks ago that apple was no longer including chargers. I thought, that's ok, we all have lots of chargers. But nobody has USB "C" chargers, they are very new.
So I ordered a USB "C" charger.
The charger arrived I started the pairing process. But the phone stuck for 30 minutes during the pairing process so I called support. They couldn't get it to work by the standard way, which is to update the watch software, so they opted to install without updating the watch software. That worked with lots of hand holding and took about 45 minutes
All together I spent about six hours getting the phone to work.
Has apple lost their mind?